garage location problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

i have got planning in place to put a double garage in the back corner of my garden, the ash tree on the rear ditch outside of my property has got the council planning officer out to take me to get a tree report done.

The man has advised me to move the garage 2mtrs towards the property which will then put it near a drain that crosses the property.

If i want to keep the garage as per plans ,the front corner comes just next the fire bin (Peg),and then the side goes down towards the tree, the garage is square to the left boundry fence.

large rear garden space is the reason to get the property.

View media item 48522
The rear of the garage has to be 6.5 mtrs away from tree, then i can do any type of base i require, moving it under the tree means its go to have piling for support.

That word makes me think lots of money ..................

The garage measures 6.2 mrs wide by 5.5 mtrs deep, single brick sides, pillars , double brick front and rear, 22 degree roof pitch to match house roof angle.

can anyone help me in understanding the implications and methods i will have to take on building my dream garage

I asked on scraping back the top soil to gain a level plot , which he advised was a problem as the roots are in the top 2 foot.
I think in the end there is going to be a deep concrete base sat there at some height.

has anyone else had this sort of problem????

regards

Andy

Sponsored Links
Lets suppose that you wanted to do some work, in your own garden, that did not require planning permission. This work could involve a bit of excavation, during which, if you found any roots, you would be entitled to cut them out right back to the boundary.

If this affected the tree's stability, then the council would have no alternative but to remove it.

Sponsored Links
All sorted now,

many calls to planning and the tree man , report was good but lots of red tape.

footings are in and next stage building up to damp

:D :D :D

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back