Garage Oversite Building Regs Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have acquired the land at the end of my garden (from my father in law) with an understanding i build him a new garage for his property. I intend to build a new double garage for my property. There will be one oversite for these garages.

The existing garage my father in law uses has a concrete oversite and there is concrete around this area. Apart from a raised 13 x 8 foot area where we have removed a wooden shed and repositioned in his garden. The shed stood on 150mm thick concrete which we intend to remove. This would leave the area level and concreted.

The new garage floor levels we want to use are such that we would expect to build 100mm above the existing level. We can break out the existing concrete for our footings.

Are we allowed to pour the concrete oversite on top of the existing concreted area? I really dont want to have to break out all the existing concrete!!!!

Sponsored Links
I had to read and re-read your post a couple of times to understand your query.

Basically, are you doing these garages according to BR? If not you can do what you like, but, you haven't said what is under the existing concrete or how thick the exisitng concrete is.
If there was a reasonable hardcore sub base, I, for one would say go for it.
However, you need to determine that sub base composition and the thickness of the exisitng concrete.
Maybe in digging out for foundations you may be able to make a reasonable decision.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back