hi everyone pp question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi were looking into selling up and building a house, if you buy a plot with pp for say 2 or more houses, can you just build one on it to and stick to the pp that already was on for one of the houses. or would you have to change the pp for the land. its just that ive seen some quite large plots and we have horses so if they were big enough we would be able to have them on the land thats left. sorry bit of a odd question but would it be possible xx

Sponsored Links
You would need to reapply for permission to build just the one house, as you will not be building in accordance with the original permission

There will also tend to be conditions with the permission preventing you from occupying one house until the others are built and all the associated work done

hi thanks woody, would we be likely to get the pp for one house, or do you think they would be orkward about it. i thort it would be ok but new to all this thanks again x

Every planning application is judged on its merits.

A plot with permission for two or more houses would seem to confirm that development in principle would be acceptable

Sponsored Links
What I mean is, where a plot has already got permission for some houses, or some or other development, then that normally shows that the council have agreed the principle of some development on the plot

Its easier to argue a case that if the planners have already agreed two or more houses, then a new application for one house would not be any worse

But with the current shortage of housing and local quotas for new build housing, many councils have earmarked plots which can contain several homes, and would not like someone to build just one

Windfall plots maybe dealt with differently, but each plot/application will be judged on its own merits

thanks woody your a star!, i know what you mean about the housing market but the new builds round here are not selling well, lots of houses offered for sale now really cheaply and still not selling, all new so i may be in with a chance if i find the right plot with a good amount of land x

If I were you I would telephone your local planning authority (LPA) and discuss it with them. Depending on where the plot is and what is around it I think they might be quite receptive. Best to speak to the planning case officer who issued the consent, also worth trying to speak to their line manager/team leader.

thanks im just looking into things before putting this house for sale there seems to be some good plots out there with pp for 2 plus houses at the min. doing my home work so to speak! x

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back