How can i get light and ventalation into this room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi am a student making some plans i just wanted to know how can i get light and ventilation into this room where the arrow is pointed to go through planning.

Also it is a semi detatched house

lightcr.jpg

Sponsored Links
That room looks like it has a patio door in it already so one assumes you would have it glazed? Vent through a trickle vent in the head like any window. :confused:

Thanx for the ventilation idea. yes it is a glazed patio door but what about the light into the dining room. How would it fair in a planning aproval?

Sponsored Links
Planning won't care if it has light or not. In any case if it is glazed it will let light through it will it not?

thats very understandable freddymercurytwin you have been a great help my only concern now is the roof.

i think my best option will be take the drawing to the palnning officer and see what he says

hi am a student making some plans ...

You forgot to mention that you was a student in your previous post of this question

What are you studying, I hope it is not architecture or design

The only advice you need is to use an external wall or roof above. If you have neither of these then alter the design of the extension and if you can't do that then you are stuffed - use a daylight bulb

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back