Internal doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and have had a quick search to see if I can find the answer to my question but can't seem to, so apologies if this type of q has already come up!

We're currently finishing off a new build. Yesterday, we had the inspector round to complete the final inspection. He made a couple of requests; one regarding the stairs which we can completely understand, but the second that all the internal doors are fitted.

I asked why this needed to be done, and the reply was that if any doors were to have glass, he would need to check that the glass was safety glass. We're not having any internal doors with glass, but apparently this doesn't matter.

I wanted to check that having all internal doors fitted was a requirement of the final inspection. We can't afford to have the doors we want fitted yet, so in order to get through the inspection we're going to have to buy cheap doors and waste money, which ideally we don't want to do. But needs must......!

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
The inspector is correct.

He can't issue a completion/compliance certificate until all the work specified in the application is complete. As door glazing is controlled work then it needs to be checked that any doors will conform

You will have to fit some £10 doors for now

Sponsored Links
Just delay the final inspection until you are ready. There is no longer a time limit on this.

There are plenty of houses sold and occupied without sign off, solicitors might tell you this impossible but it still happens today! They often get the warranty mixed up with completion certificate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back