Lean to (sort of) Pent shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Would it be acceptable to build a Pent style shed like a lean to style but still be exempt from needing planning permission? My concern is proximity to the house & upvc windows/door,

I have looked everything up for a couple of weeks now on the subject but found this forum so thought I'd ask the knowledgeable ppl on here too.

Here's a pic of what I was thinking of (taken from the internet I don't own the pic)

Sponsored Links
Depends if you have PD rights, and whether there's enough space around your house/garden for a shed of that nature, such that at least 50% of the land that was showing when the house was first built, is still showing after the shed is finished

Yes PD rights are all still ok & it will further than 2m from boundary while within the size limits. I still feel I may have overlooked something though. It would be a massive pain to get it wrong & have to rectify once built :confused:

Are you suggesting it is attached to the house? If so then it is classed as an extension and must accord to to those rules (Class A) not a detached outbuilding (Class E). Let us know.

Sponsored Links
I don't want it attached in any way, rather right up next to the side, no access
from inside the house. Does there need to be legally a fixed amount of area between the house & shed as this is something I'm not certain on?

Thanks for your help

No, so long are theyre separate it should be fine. I recall reading an appeal decisions where the inspector concluded that a 6 inch gap between house and outbuilding was enough.. sign up for planningjungle.com and ask steve speed - it's well worth the 20 quid, that guy is a font of knowledge onn relevant and helpful appeal decisions

Thanks very much for your time much appreciated.
I'll go on the planningjungle site & have a look around

Cheers :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back