lean to with just ceiling windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i want to build a lean to that just has a glass roof with walls, any feedback on if i will have any issues, and if its possible, please see the images in my lean to folder.

i want to build it in the wasted space behind my house which is not really used but would make a nice lean to conservatory

Sponsored Links
You will need Planning Permission and Building Regulation App due to proximity to the boundary. You also need to give some thought as to how you can avoid fouling the flue outlet at ground floor level on what I presume is your neighbour's property.

hi thanks for replying, yeah i was told the flue could be vented upwards almost like a u bend on it, i thought about the planning permission because of it being so close, do you think it helps that the lean to wont be seen by anyone, it wont be a heavy structure.
also the flue is attached to my garage which is leasehold as its under an apartment.

also if the structure was made purely from wood would that make a difference? or is it the distance that counts?

you also need to think off fire escape
your new addition must not make fire escape more difficult than before

Sponsored Links
the escape would be the same as that would be the route if you exited via either of the back doors

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back