main building regs for a garage at side of house?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
we have a concrete poured house with a cavity. the garage was originally separate but a previous owner has put a door in the 'alleyway' and perspex over the gap. the kitchen door would go into the garage if it was rebuilt up to the side of the house. the current garage roof slopes to the rear of the garage and is leaking metal corrugated sheet

my question is what are the main building regs involved in red-doing it to a basic building reg compliant structure?

My initial plans are a new roof connected to the house that slopes to the rear and a sectional garage door at the front

any advice very welcome

any advice on a cost effective choice of sectional door would also be gratley recieved - there seems to be a huge variation on price

rgds

graham

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure any reg's or planning for that matter apply.

Have you tried the obvious approach and phoned the local authority?

I doubt there will be anyone in today though.... :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Is your intention to move the existing kitchen door so that the space that's currently alleyway becomes internal space?

Gary

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back