Max height for a close board fence in Scotland?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tried googling but getting nowhere on this! Anyone know what this maximum height is? Thought about contacting local council but as it's in a National Park they have differing rules anyway-ie outbuildings/sheds/greenhouses etc?
The fence is a boundary between us and our neighbours, they already did part of the boundary up the back in 1.8m boarding, but it's not close boarding so their dogs are making our life a misery by barking continually(cos they never get walked), we did 50m in post/wire/stock fencing and our dog(which does get walked) never barks and is happy...
Fence is nowhere near a public road, and will not be any issue regarding light into their property(their house is to the south anyway)
I plan to fill in the 50mm gaps on their fence(they never asked us permission to erect this anyway) which is about 19m long, then add another 50m of the same height fencing with no gaps so their manky mutts can't see us and it will hopefully reflect some of the barking(yes I've tried talking to these minks but they make the Dingles look cultured and civilised)
The houses are on big plots(> 0.5acre), only issue I can see is that their view may be ruined out of the entrance to the development down the valley, but given their lack of consideration over the noise nuisance I'm relishing this thought....I always thought a "view" wasn't a valid reason to object, just cutting out light etc but as I say this is not an issue....
Maybe the fact they've set a precedent at 1.8m means I can go ahead and keep it at this.....
Any help or ideas?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back