minimum distance from leading edge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

There a minimum clearence from an external doors leading edge to a wall. I want to build as close as I can to the back of the house with a door.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hello

There a minimum clearence from an external doors leading edge to a wall. I want to build as close as I can to the back of the house with a door.
Is this a question?

Can you type it in coherent English please?

Three bricks long externally without calcs is the norm.

Lol sorry, bluddy phone.

Ok so I want to know whether there is a minimun distance between an external doors leading edge and a wall?

Thank you

665mm or three bricks long is an accepted minimum but can be less with pro' advice.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your prompt reply.

I understand this might be a question for the building inspector but whats the likelynes of 380mm being passed?

Thank you

I can't imagine a situation where a normal domestic building would fail any buttressing calculation if there was less than a three brick return. I don't know why this nonsense is still insisted on

I can't imagine a situation where a normal domestic building would fail any buttressing calculation if there was less than a three brick return. I don't know why this nonsense is still insisted on
Wind load on a single storey.

But it won't fail.

Why don't they ask for calcs on every single garage that has no return next to the garage door?

.....sighhhh......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back