Mobile Home Permission on Green Belt Land

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I wondered if you can help.

My mother owns 4 acres of land and on it she has a 3 bedroom bungalow, haybarn and stables and she keeps horses.

She is getting older and finding it a struggle to keep the land and animals on her own and we would like to put a twin unit mobile home in her garden for her to live in which would enable us to live in the bungalow and help her out.

The land is Green Belt and I am pretty sure we wouldn't get permission but wanted to see if anyone knows of any loopholes we might be able to get through!

Thanks for reading

Danni

Sponsored Links
Perhaps you can live in the caravan and let your aging mother live in the permanent structure?

if its domestic then no
if its agricultural then maybe if its essential to running the farm[agricultural workers accommodation] but its no use just calling it a farm it has to be a farm

What? She moves into a caravan, and you move into the bungalow "to help her out"?

The only possible loophole would be if you use a gypsy caravan

Sponsored Links
There is a reason for us living in the bungalow, it is in a terrible state and to be honest I would rather live in the brand new twin unit mobile home!

You may be able to get approval with the condition that the mobile home is removed when your Mother no longer needs it. The planning condition would mean that no one else can use it and it cannot be sold with the property.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back