neighbour dispute about sewage pipes

I bet that if Hazels' pipes do cross onto the neighbours land and say there was a bit of a blockage or leak, Hazel would soon be rescinding ownership of said pipe and all the s hit.

Sponsored Links
As it appears to be a common drain, it's now a minor sewer & the water authority would have to give permission for a new connection, and it will have to be to their specification.

It would appear the OP is wrong; it's not the OP's drain, it is a public sewer.

Until the OP establishes the exact status of the line or clearly answers the questions which might enable us to work it out, it's impossible to know either way.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps the OP can say whether the new bathrooms etc are part of an extension, or something Building Control would be involved in; if somebody rang me & asked I come out and inspect, I would want to know this beforehand.

If the pipe is now shared and connects to the public sewer system then its the water cos responsibility now. (for the shared bit).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back