Neighbours extention , advice about windows?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My neighbours recently built a side extention over their garage. All works were subject to the party wall act and were going smoothly. However, they have just taken down their scaffolding and I have noticed a velux roof window that is not obscured glass. The window is directly facing my en suite, which is at first floor level. I contacted the surveyor who insists its a skylight window , so does not need to be obscured glass. The planning decision says that any 'flank' windows are to be obscured glass. I would argue it is a flank window , as at is facing my first floor ensuite? I'm not happy as this is an invasion of privacy. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
A velux or any window in a roof is a roof window by definition, not a flank wall window

Nothing to do with the party wall act or planning

Put some curtains up

So this window is in the roof above the first floor. Can they actually see out of the window ie is it it above their head height or not when they are stood up in their house or is it lower down?

Why haven't you got obscured glass in your en-suite? Bet your neighbour doesn't want to see your fat arse when you get out of the shower :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
I'm a male . Will send you a pic of my hairy skylight if you like. :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back