New building footprint question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can i add the footprints of my sheds/outbuildings to my property footprint to make my new build size footprint larger?

Sponsored Links
any chance anyone can direct me to the policy/building reg that states that sheds/outbuildings cant be used to increase property footprint, ive searched and cant find anything.

any chance anyone can direct me to the policy/building reg that states that sheds/outbuildings cant be used to increase property footprint, ive searched and cant find anything.

it dosent exist as they are temporary structure and come under the same catagorey as decking ect

what exactly are you trying to do we may have other ideas

Sponsored Links
well to be honest it is a neighbour who is including their sheds into their new build and the local planning have not picked this out and im wondering if there is anything i can do.

If new build, you can demolish all the buildings on site, and replace with new buildings of the equivalent volume (subject to current design policy) and the new work will be deemed no worse than the what was there previously

I don't remember if this is in the original TCPA 1990 or subsequent appeal precedent

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back