Next newbie question !!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I was told by the builder who drew up my plans that I need a permission signature from my neighbour as I am building closer than 3 meters from thier house.

This wont be a problem as we get on fine, but how do I word a ' we'll put the fence back if is moves ' agreement ????

Are there any stadard letters I can access, do I need one ??

Graham

Sponsored Links
Was your builder drunk, or was he referring the the Party Wall Act?

No not drunk and he is only doing plans for me, however we are in a detached house but within 3 meters of next door's boundary. I am doing all but the brickwork myself and just want to be sure I have all bases covered.

Sponsored Links
Perfect, thanks.

I am putting up a single story extension to replace my conservatory and although I will need new foundations I can't see that they would be lower than that of either mine or my neighbour's house.

I have chatted to them and they are fine with everything, even offered some labouring for free when I start digging !! If due to the wet weather the fence slips a little then, as I have told them, re instate it as it is now.

The letter does look very official and offputting tbh, so will continue as I am unless the BCO tells me to dig very deep foundations.

Graham

It's not the distance to the boundary that matters; it's the distance to the adjoining owner's building.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back