Party Agreement Plans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a single story extension as well as a loft conversion built by my brother who's a builder. We've finally agreed the layout (no planning agreement required) and I'm trying to draw up a party wall agreement with my lovely neighbours. Is the below plan sufficient for agreement purposes? My brother is also proposing to extend some metal roads out from the foundation into their land, so they can build on as well if wanted at a later date without too much bother.

The plan just shows a shell, we'll be building an internal bathroom as well - does this have to be shown?

Also, do I have to name a surveyor on the agreement or leave it to a later date - I don't expect any problems, just want to make sure the paperwork is okay.

Sponsored Links
You need to be clear about which sections of the Act you are serving notice under, and the time limits - which may be different

That plan will be inadequate if surveyors get involved, as they will normally require full sectional drawings and a detailed specification

In any case, if you are serving under section 6, then you will need to include full plans and sections and proposed excavation depths for the notice to be valid

Otherwise, if its just between the two of you, then you'll have to see what the neighbours say

You don't need to name a surveyor for the notice to be valid

Thanks. I have the full CAD plans on pdf which I can print out. The letter I've drafted is using section 1 of the Party Wall etc Act 1996 (Example letter 6).

The internal layout has changed from the drawings - does that matter? I don't think the elevation shows the drop of the first floor ceiling to increase headroom in the loft (I'll get that clarified); again, does that matter?

Sponsored Links
You need to be sure what section you serve notice under. You are doing a loft conversion (cutting into party wall?) building on the boundary, and possibly excavating below the neighbours foundations - so potentially three sections

Internal layout does not matter unless it impacts on the party wall

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back