Party Wall - dispute

Afaik they are not allowed to remove/damage your bushes/post, particularly if you tell them you don't want them to do so. It's criminal damage if they do (particularly if you can prove they are aware that you would refuse to allow them to). They are allowed to trim back any growth that crosses the boundary though (technically they should offer you the clippings)

Sponsored Links
HI rjm2k,

I think that the rules are that they are allowed to do minimum damage to perform any work under the Party Wall act as long as it is restored adequately after the work is complete.

This is my reading - though I am not an expert.

For example, if your heighbour wants to remove your paving to get to a boundary wall then you must allow him to enter your property to do this and failure to comply (after being given sufficient notice) ends you up in the magistrates court!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back