Permitted development when extending on the side

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a garage on the side of my end of terrace house (block of 4 terrace houses). The garage is attached to my outer wall. However, from the end of the garage to the end of remainder of the house is around 3.5m.

If I wanted to build on the area that is behind the garage and next to rest of my house all the way to end of the house, this will mean I will build 3.5m from the end of the garage. However, this will be 0m from the absolute rear end of the house.

As this is more than the 3m rule from rear of the house for permitted development I want to clarify whether this is permitted dev or requires planning permissions.

It is a 1935 house and I think Garage should have been there from day 1.

Please see below the area in blue that will be the new development.
171000_170463_45630_31057612_thumb.jpg

Thanks in advance.
Neeraj[/img]

Sponsored Links
To get round the PD requirements for side/rear extensions, your best bet would be to demolish your existing garage and build what would then be a side extension at no more than half the width of the existing house, maximum height of 4m, etc...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back