Planning Permission Documents for House Extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Im currently applying for planning permission on the planning portal site for a single storey extension to the back of our house.
Its a detached house, the extension is arond 3.2 x 8.5m and it should be pretty straighforward as its not on the boundary, no trees etc.
Ive had a pre application discussion with my local authority who confirmed permission was needed.
Ive filled in all the forms and uploaded a 1:200 and 1:1250 site & location plan. What I cant seem to see is what else to I need? I was going to submit a existing/proposed floor plan at 1:50 and also a existing/proposed elevation.
Is there anything else that would be needed as there doesn't appear to be a definative list.
Also as I work in construction, (although not dealing with planning issues) Ive drawn the above up myself by hand. Although not to a totally professional standard they are neat, legible and accuratly to scale, I presume this will be fine?
Thanks for reading and I look forward to any comments.
Ben

Sponsored Links
You need to check the national, and more importantly the local validation criteria, as this will state what documents your council requires for them to accept your application

There should be a link on the page to upload documents. Or check your councils website

Typically, all elevations showing neighbouring properties, and full floor plans, and you may need to mark trees and fences etc

You need to bear in mind that the Planning Portal is simply an online centre for preparing and submitting application to your local authority. As such you should refer to your local authority website for their specific requirements. (The Portal tends to give you a link to your authority website if you do not already know it.)

Generally speaking local authorities will want to drawings to a recognised scale. They do not need to be computer drawn as long as they are accurate. You will need to ensure that there is a scale bar or failing that you can always add dimensions to your plans.

You will generally always need existing and proposed plans and elevations as well as a block plan and a site location plan to appropriately describe the proposal. For a householder application you will not normally need any further supporting documentation that may often be required with other types of application.

Sponsored Links
Are you extending 8.5m off the back of the house - or is that the width?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back