Regs and door openings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am putting in a small WC room in the downstairs hallway of my house. Because its such a small room it makes most sense to have the door open outwards into the hallway.

Is there anything to prevent this regs wise? It would not restrict access to the staircase (fire exit) as the hall way is wider enough to accommodate that.

On the same note is there restrictions on how close fixed items such as sinks can be to the opening. I've thought about putting the sink very close to the opening which would prevent the door from opening inwards anyway if I go down that route. It would be about 6 inches behind the door.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Only thing I would consider is which side of the frame to hang the door - taking into account someone passing it when it could suddenly open . - like it`s better to walk into a / rather than the edge of the open door - so for instance I wouldn`t want the edge facing the kitchen where someone could come through carrying plates ;) . Also fit an extractor fan - one @ low level near the WC pan is very effective - looks a bit odd , but does the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back