reinstating Permitted development rights

D

D2eej

Does anyone here know if this is possible, or has anyone done it.
Any thoughts or input would be gratefully received. :D

Sponsored Links
It depends under what Article the order was made, but generally it will require a full council decision and consultation, and be for specific local planning or economic reasons for a whole area

You wont get a revocation for a single plot if that's what you are thinking

Hi Woody

thanks for that info.

Let me expand on my situation, I live in a converted barn, 1 of 2,which I converted both, these are the only two properties with this restriction on, I believe it was made under article 4.

There are only three properties in this area, the other, the old farm house has no restrictions placed upon it.

If this is a barn, then wont it be in a green belt or otherwise designated area, which would not have any PD rights as a matter of course?

By the sound of it, it seems like a rural setting and the council would want to control development so would not revoke any PD

Sponsored Links
Interestingly because it was part of the farm originally it came under agricultural.

We own some land next to to the barn which I gave the council prior notification for a large wood store, and they came back and gave it to me under Permitted development !

So I am a little confused as to why this building has its PD removed anyway.

Interestingly because it was part of the farm originally it came under agricultural.

We own some land next to to the barn which I gave the council prior notification for a large wood store, and they came back and gave it to me under Permitted development !

So I am a little confused as to why this building has its PD removed anyway.

Prior notification is used for specific types of development, your wood store may not have actually fallen under this, but would have been permitted under your legal permitted development rights (associated with the main property).

Removing permitted development rights on barn conversions (and new developments in general) is very common because it ensures that no further development occurs which can further impact the land and character of the area... It gives the local authority control over what can and cannot be built so that they can ensure that any further development is in keeping with their policies / design criteria.

This is often more important with barn conversions, where councils tend to want to maintain the barn-like appearance... if these properties had PD rights then owners would be free to change this at their own whim... This is also the most likely reason why you will have trouble reinstating PD rights on these properties.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back