Unfinished building works

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping someone could give me some advice,
Our neighbour some time ago has converted part of their house ( the garage) into bedrooms. Our houses are semi detached cottages. I know they had planning permission and a building warrant but there is no record of a completion certificate.
The problem is the unfinished stuff is having an effect on our house now. Can building control help with this??
We're in scotland.

Sponsored Links
The law may be different in Scotland, but in England there's little Building Control can do if someone doesn't complete a job. How is it affecting your property?

Thanks for the reply Tony ,
Main prob is her guttering leaking onto our wall, also there is unfinished render. Only finished to scratch coat and I think the frost is getting into our wet dash were it joins. Besides that it looks awful and if we decide to sell probably put off buyers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back