Wet Room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

I would like to have a wet room in my loft, I have been quoted for a bathroom with shower no bath. I will have a sink and a toilet and some storage but do I need a shower enclosure and tray?

What material must I put on the floor ie: water proof tiles etc and how do I stop the water going underneath the door into the hallway?

Waiting in anticipation

P

Sponsored Links
I used to fit wet rooms, far too much info to post

You need to find a bathroom fitter that installs wet rooms, he will then talk you through what is required.

Aye, there are several ways to achieve the end result which can also be varied. There is no one solution fits all. You'll have to be more specific. You would not have a traditional tray though as the whole point is that the floor can get drenched. Tanking the floor/walls, falls, trays, drainage, expected finishes, allsorts to consider. Better to get one competent contractor to do the whole lot unless DIY.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. I have a quote for a complete loft conversion, I asked to have a wet room but he hasn't quoted for tanking etc. instead he has included shower trays and shower enclosure. I just wanted to be sure of what his intention is.

Thanks once again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back