What answer would i get scrap conserv to build bigger ext

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am looking into extending the house on the side but in all honestly i should of done a L shape extension but i built a conservatory at the back about 2 years ago.

My question is what would the procedure be if i have the L wrap around ext would i be able to use the foundations i put in and the floor or would all these have to be ripped out ( if thats the case i will not do it) after spending the money on it seems a waste of money.

I went down a meter on the conny foundations i could see the top of house foundations when i stopped, i feel i did this job very well the floors reinforced 5 inch if i remember correctly will this be good anough or a none starter i have got pics of my build stages to show building???

Thanks for your time

;)

Sponsored Links
Foundations would need to satisfy BC sounds like they probably do assuming they're wide/thick enough (may have to do a trial hole if the photos aren't great). Is the slab lower than the ground floor finished level? As you'll need to add insulation unless its insulated already.

Foundations would need to satisfy BC sounds like they probably do assuming they're wide/thick enough (may have to do a trial hole if the photos aren't great). Is the slab lower than the ground floor finished level? As you'll need to add insulation unless its insulated already.

Alright freddy,

Ok might be time to give them a call then i thought the responce would be a defo NO you have give me a bit of hope ;) there was 100mm insulation and the finishes in line with house floor ;) not sure if this is anough to satisfy BC

Thanks for feedback much appriciated

Sponsored Links
I would say you are probably best to think you'll be starting again. The local BCO will agree on site once you have exposed the foundations, but I fear he'll take the safety root first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back