What certificates should we be receiving?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last year we had our kitchen extended. The work was all done in accordance with Building Regs (we had Building Control out to inspect at various junctures. So far I've only had a certificate from the Electrician to show his work is up to standards.

So my question is, which certificates should we be expecting, and who from?

The work was undertaken by a single builder who contracted out some of the work on our behalf.

The work involved removing a wall, digging new footings for a single story extension, building the extension, and all gas, electric, heating and water changes necessary.

Many thanks (as ever) for your assistance! :)

Sponsored Links
Leccy certficate which you'e got. There's no requirement to issue you with a gas certificate but the engineer must inform building control if any flued appliances have been installed. Gas engineers will often give to a description of what works they have carried out on their invoices, so as to avoid any confusion between their work and previous work. But obviously that will have gone to your builder not you.

Thanks - no flued work for gas so that's sorted. Should I be getting anything from Building Control to confirm they were happy with the way the extension was constructed?

Not necessary but they will often give you a letter if you ask. Completion is registered on the system so you can look it up online.

Sponsored Links
When I finished my extension I rang the building inspector and asked for final inpection. She came and checked all OK and I received a Competion Certificate next day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back