Whats the best type of roof on this extension (eleva pics)

Sponsored Links
i have posted the elevation please check and also any suggestions about what roof is required taking into consideration of adjacent pitched roofs.

spoke to planning officer and also read guidance. putting a flat roof is going to be a problem with the aproval.

was thinking of firestone flat roof.

pleas could do with help for getting around ventilation for the dining and washing area.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/15292462.png/

A flat roof then, nothing else will fit under the window. Blooming ugly though! :p

Ventilation can be a hit & miss vent in the wall for the dining room and for the washroom an extractor going through the external wall via the bathroom ceiling.

Sponsored Links
thanx freddymercurytwin

i agree with you about being ugly. Iv asked this question in another thread. sorry but how would it fair in a planning approval?

You have, it would better if you had just done one thread. Anyway, if your proposals met with local policy guidance then it would have a chance at approval. If it did not then it wouldn't. That said it is very ugly.

i have posted the elevation please check and also any suggestions about what roof is required taking into consideration of adjacent pitched roofs.

spoke to planning officer and also read guidance. putting a flat roof is going to be a problem with the aproval.

was thinking of firestone flat roof.

pleas could do with help for getting around ventilation for the dining and washing area.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/15292462.png/[/QUOTE]

If you really don't want a flat roof,
You can do a pitched roof with a recess around the window and a flat lead-covered area in front of the window. Sorry cannot remember what this is called. A house near me has 3 of these in a row.

Or a fake pitched tiled parapet that looks like a full roof with a flat bit behind it - you see these a lot over garages.

Or move the window.

There's always lots of options, depending on cost, time, etc.

Simon.

Thanks simonjay for your answer but I can't picture it is there any chance of a diagram or a sketch thank you and you've been a lot of help

Simonjay is there any chance of a link on the Internet where I can have a look at this roof just to put me on the right track

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back