woodburner issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a couple of wooburner flue issues that i would like to clear up

First off the house i am selling as 2 no woodburners installed in fireplaces
both done by me 20 yearsish ago.

The property is a end terrace 3 storey property with 2 fireplaces on each floor.

Situ 1. in the top room of the house i have opened the room to be full footprint of house, exposed all the chimmey breast brickwork and retiled the hearths to each smallish fireplace, in fireplace 1 i have logs stacked... in fireplace 2 i have a waterford wood burning stove, this is very old but a beautiful piece of kit, it as a top flue outlet which sits directly below the chimmey, I havent lit it for years but when i used to the smoke went straight up the chimmey in much the same way as an open fire would of done originally...I dont use it for purpose but would if i wished, its been there pre regs, it will form part of fixtures for house sale,,,Any issues??
similarly on ground floor i have another woodburnel, this again as been in place 15 years and as a top mounted enamel flue going through an asbestolux soffit to the open chimmey, again no issues when being used and as been installed pre regs.....again part of fixtures and fittings, any issues.?????

Sponsored Links
Sorry what I mean to be asking are "have I" any issues to clear up??

I got as feeling that if a potential buyer of my property as a survey it will mark down all sorts on nonsense about building regs and these burners.
But i am trying to point out that they are existing and ask is there any issues i should worry about.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
It's not really for you to worry about unless they flag it up, which they may or may not do.

If they get funny about it just say you'll remove the stoves (take 'em with you) and fit a chimney balloon up each flue. No issues then. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back