Yet another certificate of permited development.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys,

I'm very wet behind the ears.

I've done a lot of reading regarding CPD. I want to submit an application to the LBA for a CPD. I'm going through the application and think I've understood everything and put all the details in as per instruction. When it comes to location plan and block plan I was going to use the land registry as they seem cheaper

Regarding submitting the drawings, can anyone give me any idea on how complex the drawings will have to be for a 3*3m extension on the back of my house with a pitched roof? I don't want to jeopardise a prompt acceptance so I can commence work but at the same time I want to keep the budget as economical as possible.

I've looked through the applications that have been submitted to the LBA which all seem to have been done by agents.

I'm putting the application through to building control under a building notice.

Thank you in advance

James

Sponsored Links
You can submit fag packet drawings provided they are accurate and to scale and you have produced the required drawings as laid down by your authority. Have a look through some more previous applications I am sure you will come across some that look like they have been drawn by a 3 year old!

With regards to Certificate of Lawful Development Applications what is important is that you do not leave anything for the planners to question ie state on the drawings or in a covering letter that the development will meet Permitted Development criteria because it will be no higher than Xm, no deeper than Xm, no wider than Xm etc etc.

Thanks for your response, I'll have a play around with the apps and see if I can get it looking remotely professional. I will also stipulate as you say, how it meats every criteria.

Thanks

James

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back