Breathable Membrane options for Garden Office/Summerhouse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I'm in the process of building a reasonable sized posh shed in me garden. From my understanding, I need a breathable membrane and battens before I install any Shiplap cladding. I've seen some Tyvek stuff, but it seems mega mega pricey, I'm just wondering what you folks would recommend?

If there's something cheaper and easily available, I'm all ears.

Cheers in advance :D

Sponsored Links
Search for breathable membrane on ebay. It all does the same job, Tyvek is just the best known and they spend plenty on advertising. Cheaper stuff will be less durable though and more prone to tearing etc but more of an issue when its on a roof on a windy day.

Wellll, the reason I mentioned the Tyvek stuff is that I read elsewhere that it was suitable for walls as well as roofs. The stuff I'm seeing on eBay only mentions that it's suitable for roofs, but I have to admit that I've only skim read so far.

I have to be honest, I did think I could maybe get away with just using the roof stuff.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back