Cavity vs 140mm & Dot+Dab vs 190mm & Dot+Dab?

And what type of mesh is most common? Is there a specific fixing as opposed to screws, washers and plugs?

Sponsored Links
.Would appear that since answering your question, can of worms has opened.
Will put you right.
Put thin bed out pf your mind. It is as much good as a chocolate kettle.
Use a 1.1.6 mix with splash of febmix.
Yes AAC blocks are prone to movement and cracking render., however a 215mm block is not so likely to as a 100mm block.
If you want to go the whole hog use Exmet Riblath render carrier 600x2500 sheets. Exmet do a hammer in plug fixing.
12mm waterproof scratch coat 1.1.5. mix and 10mm top coat 1.1.6
Regards oldun
PS could possibly find you a better block to take a render coat with slightly thicker insulation if you wish.

PS could possibly find you a better block to take a render coat with slightly thicker insulation if you wish.
Oldun, that's just the reply I was after, thank you so much! What do you mean by a 'better block'? I assume something other than a celcon/thermalite or concrete?

Sponsored Links
Oldun, that's just the reply I was after, thank you so much! What do you mean by a 'better block'? I assume something other than a celcon/thermalite or concrete?
Your original question was for AAC blocks and that is what we answered.
We hate AAC blocks and run a mile away when we see them.
Our choice of blocks on new builds or extensions is Plasmor Aglite Ultima
They are made with expanded clay pellets and light weight aggregates leaving open textured finish which readily accepts either render, hardwall or dot and dab.
Aglite has a lamda value of 0.32W/m2.

20mm Render, 215mm aglite blocks and and dot and dab Celotex PL4060 will give you a U value of 0.27w/M2k
Ditto to above with Celotex PL4050 will give U value of 0.28W/m2K.
Your target value is 0.28W/m2K
Celotex 4060 is 60mm insulation stuck to 12,5mm plasterboard overall thickness is 72.5mm
Overall thickness of PL4059 is 62.5mm
Hope this helps oldun

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back