chimneypot disaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You wont believe this, I have a new chimney built with concrete flue liners with two flues that service wood burners. for lissted building consent problems I have to change it probably to a single metal pipe. is it possible to combine two flues at the top? or is it goodbye one of the woodburners?

Sponsored Links
I have to change it probably to a single metal pipe. is it possible to combine two flues at the top? or is it goodbye one of the woodburners?

What, do you mean can one terminal service two flues?

You cannot share flues - That's a No No. (Commercial multi boiler installations excepted!)

However, you may be able to fit a single capping over the two flues. It is not a flue terminal. Check the link. There are UK suppliers to. To be Honest I don't know how a Building Control Officer would view it, so it's best to ask the question of your local authority. I have a feeling it won't solve your problem though.

Chimney Caps

Going by the thread title I was rather hoping your chimney had fallen off your house. Sorry :unsure:

Sponsored Links
no Hotrod I didnt think it was possible to share flues as theres nothing on the web about it,
how close can the ends of two flues be then, ie could i have two flues right against each other and perhaps one terminating a bit lower than the other?
It might help if the chimney did fall of the house!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back