Closing off a drying room that is open to the outside?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The maisonette flat I'm in has an unusual drying room. It's basically a box room within the house, but it's open to the outdoors. It's obviously very cold during the winter! Maybe best to post pics of it?
What would be the best or cheapest way to close it off from the outside? Glass? PVC boards? As you can see, the previous owners boarded up part of the opening, but there's no insulation.
Thanks

The images didn't show up. They are here
//www.diynot.com/network/ThaiFan/albums/21468

or through my username profile.

Sponsored Links
Interesting one.

It would appear you'd be creating new habitable space so the work would be subject to Building Standards approval. If this is an ex-council flat and the council still have any flats in the building then they will probably be acting as your factors and also require you to obtain their permission before altering anything affecting the external appearance of the building.

Interesting one.

It would appear you'd be creating new habitable space so the work would be subject to Building Standards approval. If this is an ex-council flat and the council still have any flats in the building then they will probably be acting as your factors and also require you to obtain their permission before altering anything affecting the external appearance of the building.

Yes, you are exactly correct , it's an ex council flat factored by a housing association who own most of the others. I wrote to the council and it's ok as long as I don't alter the exterior. So I'll have to leave the slats, and either just put glass up on the inside ( sounds expensive) or maybe some sort of wood or pvc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back