Concrete floor levelling / repairing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is in the right location,

Just finished pouring the my floors for new extension,

The pours went ok when i had edges of wall to tamp off, however when i came to do the garage i didnt have edges, and it didnt go as well.

So i had the hover trowel, and it did a pretty good job of leveling the whole thing, but i have a number of dings where it trowelled out some stone, and it didnt do so well in the corner, and a high spot in some akward locations.

So i am not sure what to do next?

I thinking i need to cut back the high spots, and then fill the low, and apply an even coating.

Questions is how and what with.

was thinking a floor grinder, but looks big and dusty, and only have a few small bits to do.

Any suggestions gratefully recieved..

Cheers
A

Sponsored Links
If these are minor blemishes in the garage only, then why bother doing anything else? Perhaps chisel away any raw stone and then leave well alone.

AAMOI: Where you dont have "edges" to tamp from then you fix battens to the wall(s) and work from the batten and a free edge if one's available.
After the water flashes you go on the slab on kneeling boards and hand finish. Even when the concrete is green, you can still work it.

Thanks tim, I used kform screed rails, which worked quite well where there was space, i will take some photos, and add them later..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back