Concrete Path level with "dampcourse"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again
Son is moving in to 1950's ex-Council house, on gable-end there is a lean-to 3 by 4 Mtrs, need to demolish this and re-build a 3 by 6 Mtr extension, snag is the finish floor in the main house and carried in to the lean-to is only around 50mm (2ins) above the concrete path around the house, since I need around 150mm of "Space" between the damp course and path it would either mean that I have to lower the path or have a step up in to the new extension, neither an option, I doubt if there is a "good" damp course around the property due to age, have not had contracts signed yet to have a closer look, this is a permitted development, no plans required, hope you can help and advice.
thanks.

Sponsored Links
There is no problem with a high external ground level, you just design a suitable DPC detail to compensate on the new extension

Whether the extension will be permitted development, will depend on other factors - check the planning portal for details

Woody
Thanks for your reply, if I install the new build damp course 75mm under the finish screed it will be under the external path, I have had permission for permitted development from planning.

You would not install a normal horizontal DPC.

You would have a vertical DPC on the inside of the wall below ground, then a horizontal DPC, and then a cavity tray above this

Sponsored Links
Woody
thanks again, sorry, but can you explain the position in the footing for installing cavity trays? maybe a link to some web page

DPC in blue

skitchimage0.png

Woody
Thanks again for your help, obviously the damp course and trays will have to be installed to all parts of the footing, again much obliged for your advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back