Concrete slab garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Ive got one of those typical British garages made from concrete slabs with a concrete asbestos roof. I'm sure you all know the type. So, A) Are these called Marley garages?
B) Are there fittings to make it possible to put shelves up on the walls? I dont fancy drilling into the walls, it'll be a nightmare to drill into.
Any advice please? Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
I have got some floor standing shelves. I'm just interested to know if anyone out there has used any sort of special fixings for these type of garages? :?:

Sponsored Links
The panels normally are fitted from the inside. So it is possible with an assistant to remove one clip by undoing the nut and putting a bracket under the clip and replacing the nut. the bracket would either have to be tailored made or if a simple 2" wide bent plate and would provide a surface for the side fixing of a batten on which the real shelf brackets are mounted. A neat alternative would be to replace some bolts with new ones about 2" longer. Replace the clips and nuts. Now get some 2" X 1" and bore a hole through it to clear the nut and hang it on the nut, so now you want a suitable shelf bracket with a flat section you can drill for the thread. Put the bracket on to your protruding thread and fix with another nut. The fixing should be as high as possible on the bracket say 1/2" below the horizontal bit.
Frank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back