converted garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, fairly new to all this so I apologise if this is in the wrong place.

We have bought a place where the previous owners converted a garage into a 'gym' although it is basically another room complete with working toilet and shower. The issue is the room is very cold in winter and we plan to use this for an aupair. What would be the most affordable way of heating this room? We tried with an 5 fin oil heater but that was really eating into the electricity bill. Any advice would be appreciated as we really want to make this as comfortable as possible.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
do you have a rough idea on the cost of that? For an average size garage? And how much could I do myself?

Would extending the heating from the house be a realistic option?

do you have a rough idea on the cost of that? For an average size garage? And how much could I do myself?
You could do it all yourself.

But you'll need to do the floor and roof, not just the walls.

Bear in mind you'll need Building Regulations approval for the thermal insulation, possibly also for the electrics, and Planning Permission if it is to become living accommodation.

Would extending the heating from the house be a realistic option?
Hard to tell from here....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back