cubic meters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1.44 cu. m. of Readymix.
if doing myself, would that translate to about 2.5 tonnes ballast and 25 bags cement?

Sponsored Links
yes about that, a few less cement maybe.

Have you got a price for readymix? Mixing that by hand will cost you more in materials alone than the price of readymix delivered. Not taking into account it will take you at least a day and a bit.

yes about that, a few less cement maybe.

Have you got a price for readymix? Mixing that by hand will cost you more in materials alone than the price of readymix delivered. Not taking into account it will take you at least a day and a bit.

No but on that amount i guess over £200.

I can mix that myself in half a day.
At the bottom of garden, so not sure readymix would wait long enough

Sponsored Links
I could buy 1.4 cube for about 150 quid but am in northern ireland so things are often a little cheaper here.

There is no way you can mix and lay 1.4cube in a day on your own never mind half a day.

There is no way you can mix and lay 1.4cube in a day on your own never mind half a day.

Well three of us mixed 10 tonne in half a day so i can't see 2 Tonne taking me that long.

I will let you know when it is done.
It is not the price of the ready mix that is the issue, it is just they can't get within 100ft of it and i can't barrow that in the half hour they give you.

I could mix, barrow and lay 1.4 cube in five hours with my eyes closed, on one foot and with a hand tied behind my back, with a roller skate on whilst playing a tambourine.
I'm nails I am.

I could mix, barrow and lay 1.4 cube in five hours with my eyes closed, on one foot and with a hand tied behind my back, with a roller skate on whilst playing a tambourine.

I can't play the tambourine otherwise i would try
But i can't see how i won't be able to mix 2 1/2T of ballast in a day.

Start at 9, finsh for lunch

I am concurring with you Whyme, i could pi$$ it.

Bet you a fiver, you could not pi$$ on it, with eyes closed, on one foot and with a hand tied behind your back, with a roller skate on whilst playing a tambourine stuck up your ar*e.
Regards old codger :LOL:

i'll get my coat. :oops:

Last time i hand mixed for a small concrete floor (1 cube) it took most of the day and that was with a big site 1.5 bag mixer? Maybe i did the sums wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back