damp patch adjacent to flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
Have a damp patch coming through an inside wall where the flat roof meets the house. Cut a hole in ceiling and there is a wooden joist which is wet through on the inside. There is a lintel that runs from the garage across the front of the house by the adjoining wall. How do you trace where it is getting in?
The flat roof is newly done, I have waterproofed the render on the front of the house and sealed any cracks, which sounded solid when knocked. At a total loss as where to start. How do you find out if there is a drip tray which is what the local hardware store owner suggested?
Only happens when there is driving rain on to the front of the house
Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers
Elaine
//media.diynot.com/210000_209921_67954_68593346_thumb.jpg

//media.diynot.com/210000_209921_67955_86880074_thumb.jpg

//media.diynot.com/210000_209921_67956_22962169_thumb.jpg

Sponsored Links
My guess is that the flashing isn't doing its job. I'd start by getting the person who did the roof back to fix it properly.

Cheers
Richard

Thanks Richard.
The flashing wasn't replaced but lifted and the rubber put underneath. He has been back and sealed it, as he can't figure out where it would be getting in. Does lead flashing have a durability limit?

Sponsored Links
How do you know if a cavity tray is fitted? The outside wall is rendered.

It would have weep vents showing along the top of the lead apron.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back