Fibolite blocks - colour coding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know the paint marking colours on 100 mm thick Fibolite building blocks ? for example the colour for 3.5 vs 7 n/mm2 ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Plasmor Fibolite do not have colour coding.
Any decent bricklayer will tell the difference by picking up a block.
100mm 3.6N fibolite with a moisture content of 3%will weigh in at approx 8.3kg.
Ditto 7.3N at approx 9.3kg.
However when unloaded a 3.6N can weigh in at approx 10kg.
Ditto a 7.3N can weigh in at 11kg All depends on moisture content.
Regards oldun

I now have direct info from Plasmor - I visited them today. Thanks Plasmor for being so helpful.

3.6 Newton (actually N/mm2) blocks have a yellow stripe, dry density 850/ kg/m3

7.3 Newton have a red stripe, dry density 950 kg/m3

It would take a good Brickie to identify the (dry) weight difference, at least without one of each block in each hand. (I know, I had two very experienced Brickies try it)

Visually they look much the same.

Sponsored Links
You went to the trouble of visiting Plasmoor and had brickies lifting blocks to get a handle on block differences!

WHY FFS??? :eek:

Do you actually understand the concept of compressive strength of blocks ? And the allowable loads imposed on a wall ? And why SE's actually calculate wall loadings ? FFS too

Do you actually understand the concept of compressive strength of blocks ? And the allowable loads imposed on a wall ? And why SE's actually calculate wall loadings ? FFS too
Yes and I don't need to faff about visiting manufacturers or have people lift blocks to grasp the concept either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back