Country
United Kingdom
Floor collapse

Whether this was actually foreseeable is not known

article-2121747-125F8185000005DC-73_964x641.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I am detecting a certain lack of sympathy with that homeowner's predicament

The perspective is a bit weird - makes her look tiny.

But I can't see what the floor construction is. It almost looks like its just concrete on dirt, but then it's been excavated underneath? I cant see any joists. Eh?

It appears to be a 5 or 6" suspended concrete slab

So having no reinforcement would be a potential reason for it to collapse - its snapped at the edges where it bears into the wall

It says in another forum that they'd only bought the house the previous day. Their solicitor should have a word or two with the vendor and surveyor.

It would be impossible to detect whether the floor was properly reinforced (or required reinforcement) or not on the Home Buyers Survey which she had done

It seems that an "issue" with the floor was noted on the survey, but it's not clear what this was

Looks like a useable kitchen to me - sink, microwave, kettle and bottles of beer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back