Foundation depth please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am required to dig a pilot hole to show the foundation depth and what it sits on for the bco, picture to follow, I have reached what I think is the bottom as the concrete starts to curve back under the extension. Am I at the bottom and is this what he wants to see or do I need to keep digging? View media item 62391

Sponsored Links
What are the chances of the BCO letting the new foundations be at that depth? :D

View media item 62417Now at 1100mm and I'm goosed!! Back is caving in here. Mrs holding the tape for measurement and bco said to just send a picture in as he visited yesterday but said we hadn't gone deep enough with pilot hole and wanted to see what it sat on? I'm at 1100 and still
Just hit soil as i dig down along the face of the foundation what should I be hitting at the bottom or are you all laughing as you read this and I've over dug here?? Sorry I'm new to all this and whilst ok in other areas I'm lost on this one, literally lost in the hole in the ground haha

Sponsored Links
Cheers woody, hope he's happy as I'm losing it with this digging!
Another quick question rather than start a new thread if that's ok folks.
Spark in today first fixing and came home to notice that all the plug sockets are at 360 high from floor and light switches at 1300 from floor is this right? Sure I read somewhere that they should be 450 and not sure on the light switches? Would rather have them at the height the spark has fitted but don't want to be pulled by bco and have a problem on my hands??

The heights you have read about only apply to new build, not part refurb or extensions

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back