Is this crack subsidence or am a paranoid?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my airing cupboard there is the following crack running from the corner of the door frame

The other side of this is a hairline crack. Could this be caused by subsidence or is it just the heat of the airing cupboard cracking the plaster. I think this is the original plaster since the house was built in the late 50's early 60's

The property had leylandi trees in the garden I believe but these have been cut down about 8 years ago I think

In two of the other upstairs bedrooms there are hairline cracks running diagonally from the corner of the door frame to the ceiling

Sponsored Links
loziv,

I think you may be a little paranoid ;)

Given the age of the building and those being the worse cracks you have I would be inclined to simply clean them out, fill and decorate.

If you have noticed new cracks, then by all means keep and eye on them and especially if they seem to to be getting bigger. When I say new cracks I don't mean the ones you find when you redecorate an old house. I mean ones you know were not there before.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back