KG/M3 for foundation concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello guys,

I've worked out that I need 4.87M3 of concrete to feel my theoretical foundations and for the slab for a single story.

Can anyone tell me the weight of the material per M3?

Thanks in advance

James

Sponsored Links
I work off 1.8 tonne to a m³. So for 4.87m³ of concrete you would need to order 4.87*1.8 = 8.8 tonne of sand, stone and cement (Not each obviously! :LOL: ).

To be honest though, I would be using readymix for 4.87m³ - No way I would be mixing that by hand!

There seems to be so many different answers to the question.

Some people seem to say 2.2, 2.4, 1.6T per M3.

I rang for a price on a ready mix and it was £480 inc vat for 4.5m3.

They'll give me an hour to get it off the mixer so means all hands on deck with wheel barrows.

Seems to be cheaper ready mix and buying bulk bags.

But you wont need 4.87 m3 all at once for foundations and floor slab will you?

And you are not likely to get the trench dug as pencil lines, so it's probably going to be at least 5m3

Sponsored Links
2.2 tonnes is about the overall weight including cement and water per m³ .

Aggregate weight (including sharp sand) is roughly 1.8 tonnes per m³ .

Readymix is great for foundations particularly if you have a small concrete pump going.

We would typically have a load of aggregate delivered after the footings are in, to do the slab and the cavity.

My calculations are

foundations total 100cm*45cm*860cm = 3.87 cubic meters

I've worked on 6.75SQM of base slab at 150mm is 1.0 cubic meters giving me 4.87

Is that the correct maths?

My calculations are

foundations total 100cm*45cm*860cm = 3.87 cubic meters

I've worked on 6.75SQM of base slab at 150mm is 1.0 cubic meters giving me 4.87

Is that the correct maths?
Eh?

How long is the trench overall?

How wide is the trench?

How deep are your concrete pegs or how deep or thick is the concrete going to be?

You aren't far off with the slab.

Funny size foundation. A 10mx600mm wide strip is normally about 1.6m² to 1.8m² depending. And concrete averages 2200kgs/m² give or take 100kgs.

Ah, we crossed in the post. Is your concrete 1m deep or the trench 1m deep?

I'm assuming 1m of concrete, then block before the over site

Is 600mm or 450mm the width for single story?

Depends on the ground. 450 is fine in most cases but 600 is more common so you'd have to make sure the machine comes with a 450 one. The concrete only really needs to be 225 to 300 thick. You can trench fill deeper if you like but with the cost of concrete at the moment most people tend to bring it up with a couple of courses of blocks. Then agin that gets a bit more awkward with a 450 wide trench.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back