Part conservatory/part extension with shower/toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to build part conservatory (back wall and roof) part extension (side walls) measuring approximately (6.2 x 2.6 metres) in London, Middlesex.

It would have the side walls blocked (not brick) with the back wall being a fully glassed (i.e. same as having a back of a conservatory). On the left hand side I would want a shower/toilet (1 metre width by 2.6 length). It would have pitched roof (perhaps I can put up a glass roof like a conservatory).

How much would it cost me to build a semi conservatory with a toilet/shower on one side?

Hope the above make sense.

Thanks.
Robie

Sponsored Links
It's called an extension and needs planning etc.

Hard to say. Maybe £25-£35k depending on access, materials, finish. Looks like permitted development so no planning required. But check criteria to be sure. If it is PD 45° rule doesn't apply.

Sponsored Links

Thanks Joe. Ok. So it's called an extension. I understand it would require planning but my rough idea was shown in the opening post.

Now, I am looking for a ballpark figure as to how much it would cost to build something like this - £15K, 20k, 25k, etc.

Thanks.
Robie

Thanks Joe. Ok. So it's called an extension. I understand it would require planning but my rough idea was shown in the opening post.

Now, I am looking for a ballpark figure as to how much it would cost to build something like this - £15K, 20k, 25k, etc.

Thanks.
Robie
What was the reason for it not being permitted development?

Thanks.
Robie
What was the reason for it not being permitted development?

Thanks.

It is permitted development.

Have you heard of the 45° rule?

No.
Didn't think so.

Our garden is east facing and the neighbours would not lose any sunlight. We get sunlight from the back in the morning and by about 11am it has retreated to the garden off the patio.
Irrelevant.

You need to find out about that rule - basically if you take a line at 45° from the centre of your neighbour's window nearest your extension (IIRC it has to be a living/dining/bedroom/kitchen etc) it must not hit the extension.

It's not an actual law or regulation, but it's a guideline so widely adopted by councils as a way to ensure that rights to light etc aren't affected, that if you breach it you'll not get permission.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back