precast garage build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
first off im new here so HI!

Ive bought and built a used precast concrete garage. The roof was made from asbestos concrete sheets which ive disposed of in place of some coroline bitumen fibre corrugated sheets which ive found are pretty good but my problem is on a daily basis now theres a puddle of water from CONDENSATION on either side of the garage which has run from the roof panels and dripped at the eaves.

the base has a damp proof membrane which is sound because ive done the whole thing from scratch.

theres lots of ventilatio as all the eaves are open, theres a 2 inch gap at the top of the garage door and the pedestrain door is "rickity" to say the least with plenty of gap around it. so airflow should be good.

i dont know what to do next? any suggestions would be great

thanks

J

Sponsored Links
i also like to add the garage has 3 windows 1 of which is currently a hole so ventilation definatly isnt the issue here as the window /hole is opposite end to the garage door.

the garage is 13ft by 19ft if this makes a differance?

Well you could try fitting felt support trays to the eaves which the water could run on to then end in the gutter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back