Roof pitch - building control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - will building control be interested in the pitch on our single story extension roof and not sign it off if the pitch is less than the manufacturer's minimim? Would they check?

Rafters currently 12 degrees. Could get them to about 15 degrees but no more. Tiles were going to be Marley Modern to match main house......but their minimum is 17.5.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Very likely they will not sign it off unless they're pretty lame and rightly so. So best to find an alternative tile or material.

They will check the tiles and see if the pitch seems right. Whether they could tell the diffeence between 15° and 17.5°, I don't know

More to the point why would you want to use an unsuitable tile for the pitch?

You'll need to board, felt and seal below the tiles if you want to use those tiles at that low pictch

Sponsored Links
Thanks for responses.

I would rather use a tile suitable for that pitch, but we've just had the main house redone in Marley Modern Old Engligh.....without realising that the builder/roofer has set out the rafters at the wrong pitch.... and ideally would like them to match. It only came to light when I checked before ordering the Velux fitting kits.

Limited in the pitch that we can get due to new render and new windows. Obviously quite a c*ck up here.

Any recommendations re tiles - appreciate they won't be plain/flat. Would be something if they at least were a close match colourwise.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back