shed foundations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i am planning on build a brick shed i have checked with the local council and i dont need planning permission because its under 30m2 and the walls are below 4m high

the dimensions of the shed is 3.048m x 2.43m x 2.134m with a pitched roof

could i build on top of a concrete slab if so what thickness would i require

regards

jeff

Sponsored Links
I was trying to be safe. We don't know the weight of the structure, nor what the soil is like in his locale - some parts of Norfolk are very spongy.

Sponsored Links
Its only a short span, roof loads won't be high; a 150 slab thickened to 300 or so around the perimeter should be OK.

thanks for the replys

the ground is hard but i was putting down hardcore and steel mesh just wanted to know how far to dig

regards

jeff

i dont understand why B.A.S stuck at 2m and didnt go the whole hog at 10m reinforced with piles 50m deep under that and the whole structure suspended from a permanent chinook above..?

i have a 3x5m insulated timber shed 3.5m tall sitting on a 100mm slab and its not going anywhere...in norfolk also if that helps : )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back