sips panel.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi anybody. am trying to keep the cost down as I now know that my size garden studio is big. is it possible to build with 6m length sips panel long way not upright as 8x4 panel , I will need to have 2 panel of 6m to build upward to made the height . knowing that roof will be made of lightweight stuff.
just looking for best way otherwise it paying more. because you have too.
does anybody know of a good fair price of sips panel locally in Dorset, Christchurch area.. to save cost of transport..

Sponsored Links
If you try to build them on their side, the weight of the roof will want to put outwards pressure on the horizontal joint, making them want to bow outwards, not a good idea IMO.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't touch ebay with a barge pole for SIPs!

I don't follow what the OP is saying, the whole point about buying SIPs is that its a kit and fits together in an afternoon. You can have any size or shape you want, within reason. Though anything other than an off the shelf kit, as it were, will carry a premium. Get googling for such suppliers.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
If you try to build them on their side, the weight of the roof will want to put outwards pressure on the horizontal joint, making them want to bow outwards, not a good idea IMO.

hi aron, it did cross my mind a few time, but happy to say that I play it safe and has gone back to 8x4 sips panel. many thanks l

I wouldn't touch ebay with a barge pole for SIPs!

I don't follow what the OP is saying, the whole point about buying SIPs is that its a kit and fits together in an afternoon. You can have any size or shape you want, within reason. Though anything other than an off the shelf kit, as it were, will carry a premium. Get googling for such suppliers.

hi Freddy. thank for your note , have looks at supply around my local and there are a few big price defence and so look at Google web site and pick one out with fair price plus delivery and order them..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back