Soak away help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need some help/guidance.

I need to build a soak away for a brick weave drive (17sqm). I've got 7m from the property to the highway and understand that the soak away needs to be 5m from the property.....so taking the soak away into account it only leaves approx 1m to the highway. So my questions are:

Should the soak away be a set distant from a highway and if it does....what do would you suggest?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does the term highway include the path next to the road?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
In my experience regarding building controls' stance on it, is that the home trumps the road.

However in all the front soakaway holes I have dug they have been a 'reasonable' distance from the road i.e. 4m+.

Is it 1m from the road kerb or 1m from the footpath?

Does the frontage slope towards the road or the house?

There is a slight slope towards the house.

The measurement is to the edge of the path where it joins the garden. The soak away is about 3m form the kerb

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back