Time before driving on new concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Tomorrow, I'll be fixing gate bolt brackets into a concrete base across my rear gate entrance. The concrete will be 6Mtr wide x 300mm across x 150mm deep. 4:1 mix. To get my large van out, I have to steer (While standing still) as I cross the concrete. How long before I can drive across it please.

Cheers, Camerart.

Sponsored Links
I would suggest at least 7 days for light vehicle traffic and up to 28 days for heavy equipment. Otherwise their is a real danger of scuffing the surface.
If your van is considered larger than light traffic, perhaps 14 days is reasonable.

I would suggest at least 7 days for light vehicle traffic and up to 28 days for heavy equipment. Otherwise their is a real danger of scuffing the surface.
If your van is considered larger than light traffic, perhaps 14 days is reasonable.

What!!!! :eek: I've just finished, so I'm locked in for a week, if I'm careful.

Thanks Camerart.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back